1. Welcome Guest to the new look forum. For more information refer to this thread
    Dismiss Notice

What time do you start?

Discussion in 'Guides' started by Crazypencil, Oct 31, 2017.

1. Crazypencil

Crazypencil (Newbie)

2. chopperchick

chopperchick Veteran (100+ posts) Staff Member Moderator GuiderPlus

In a lot of ways, it doesn't really matter what a few folk on here currently do ....... you've seen the varying opinions on 8.30 finishes being early or 9 / 9.30 being late ...... just for argument's sake & to be different, the Guide unit I used to run was a 8.45 finish (yes Quack, because it always had been so ;-)

What's more important for you crazypencil is when your venue is available (or when the alternative is, and if you could use it) and when you'd likely have adult volunteers.
    I could make a lot of sweeping statements ..... you'll never get adult leaders as they're all working at 3.30pm etc etc ...... but maybe you've got a load of part-time / shift workers / SAHMs / whatever lined up, in which case that's not a problem for you. You might just have to bite the bullet and set the unit up for 3.30pm starts and see how popular it is - you'll soon get feedback, what you'll have to decide is how valuable that feedback is. Half of it will be from "moaners" about time / venue who you'll never please ..... but the other half will be valuable and helpful, even if it means tweaking a time etc

Same considerations for a weekend unit I think ....... it will suit many girls & parents & potential leaders ....... and it wont suit a load of others.

Crazypencil likes this.