1. Welcome Guest to the new look forum. For more information refer to this thread
    Dismiss Notice

Updating girl's records

Discussion in 'GO Streamline Help' started by Batty Owl, Apr 21, 2017.

1. Batty Owl

Batty Owl Veteran (100+ posts)

At the end of last term I gave out copies of the GO records to each girl's parents for checking and updating. A couple have come back with comments in the 'additional information the unit may need to know' box. I can't seem to find where to add this info to GO. It may well be staring me in the face, but I can't see it. Please can anyone enlighten me? Thank you everyone

2. Quack

Quack Veteran (100+ posts) Staff Member Moderator GuiderPlus

Generally, they will be details about a girls medical issues or something so when you access the girls records, there are a number of choices at the top such as emergency contact details or additional personal details. This gives other tick boxes to add details such as medical issues, or photo permissions, languages etc...

A lot depends of the info that you may need to know ...it may be something like, "will be late every other Tuesday due to Dad's shifts", which you don't need to record, just remember...

3. Batty Owl

Batty Owl Veteran (100+ posts)

Thanks Quack, I think you are right that perhaps these particular details don't actually need to be on GO. One set of details is about the days a child stays at which house as her parents are separated for example. It was just that having asked for the extra info on an update form, I expected to have to put it on Go.

4. Hilary

Hilary Guide Guider and District Commissioner GuiderPlus

Since you are expected to destroy the forms after adding the info to GO it would be quite useful wouldn't it? Equally there is nowhere to put if a parent offers to help on the Starting forms.