1. Welcome Guest to the new look forum. For more information refer to this thread
    Dismiss Notice

Ready for Rainbow Books

Discussion in 'Rainbows' started by D.C., Jan 7, 2015.

1. D.C.

D.C. D.C.

Does anybody have an alternative to the Ready for Rainbows/Pot of Gold Books ? They cost so much money and Rainbows just take them home and never bring them back. We have tried just completing them in meeting time but naturally some Rainbows are keen to take them home to show their parents. Just wondered if there was an alternative resource out there somewhere ?

2. mazi159

mazi159 Assistant Guide Guider

Could you get them to take them home once they have made their Promise/ leave Rainbows?

3. Squirrel-Nutkin

Squirrel-Nutkin The Wicked Witch of the West (15,000+ posts)

I get parents to buy them as part of the uniform (it warns parents that they might be asked to buy a book in the starting forms)

4. Sparrow1

Sparrow1 Guide/Rainbow Leader GuiderPlus

We had a similar problem! Plus we tried to find the time to go through the books during meetings but inevitably either didn't have the time or the new girls ended up missing out on other activities. So we don't use them at all. We talk about who Rainbows are, what we do and do lots of Promise activities before girls make their Promise. It also means we can regularly come back to what our Promise is with the older girls, just so they don't forget of course :) Then when we have girls getting ready to leave, we start to talk about Brownies and what they get up to and give a few little extra responsibilities to our 'almost Brownies'. Seems to work well for us :D

Tez10 likes this.
  5. catdrew

catdrew Brownie Guider GuiderPlus

my girls pay a joining fee which includes the book, badges unit necker and certificate so i just give them the book and tell them to look at it.

6. Bumbleroot

Bumbleroot Regular (50+ posts)

Hi, I thought the same that they are expensive and also we would never see them again if we let the girls take them home, if we left them at rainbows we would never find the time to do them so between me and my daughter we made our own version with not many pages to print out. If you let me have your email address I can sent it to you later as its stored on my pc, I cant figure out how to upload a file on here lol

7. D.C.

D.C. D.C.

Hi. Would be great if you could e-mail me your version please. Will private message you

Many thanks.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2015
  8. tori.kiff1

tori.kiff1 Veteran (100+ posts)

Bumbleroot please send to me also

Last edited: Jan 13, 2015
  9. emmaluvseeyore

emmaluvseeyore Brownie Leader and Ranger Assistant

I suggest you take your email addresses off here! Spambots might get hold of them. You can use PMs to send people your details.

10. MrsKB

MrsKB Beginner (10+ posts)

If you want i have a copy i can send which you can photocopy?

11. Carolynd67

Carolynd67 (Newbie)

Hi Bumbleroot. If you still have it could you please email me one.
    Thank you

12. Tez10

Tez10 Ninja

I would have no Rainbows if I charged a joining fee, we are in an area where the weekly subs are sometimes a struggle. I don't use the books and do similar to Sparrow1.

13. fenris

fenris fenris GuiderPlus

That's a shame that the girls aren't getting their books. Can we help?

Tez10 likes this.
  14. Rainbow Sunny

Rainbow Sunny Regular (50+ posts)

i have tried both - giving the books out, and also copied a few pages only. Whichever we do, the pot of gold part never gets used though, much preferred the separate books