1. Welcome Guest to the new look forum. For more information refer to this thread
    Dismiss Notice

Personal Values Octant

Discussion in 'Senior Section Programme' started by neonlightning, Aug 9, 2016.

1. neonlightning

neonlightning Beginner (10+ posts)

I have no idea how to get this octant. I've looked through a lot of what others have said they did but I can't find anything that I can fit into it.

My phase 1s are:
    Renewed promise as a leader
    Voted for the first time
    Joined organ donor register.

I am vegan and I go to Animal rights protests/rallies fairly often but I wouldn't really say that's challenging for me.
    I've been vegan for seven years now though (started when I was 15) and that was challenging at the start so maybe that would count? Feels a bit strange to be awarded an octant for something I've already done though.

I also leafleted two elections ago which I might be able to find the dates for and I can see if it makes up to 12 hours - I assume that would fit? It was for one particular party as a volunteer.

2. rugbynutter

rugbynutter Rainbow Guider & Ranger GuiderPlus

Were you in Guiding (as a Senior Section member) when you become vegan?

As you said, it was a challenge for you when you started - so if you were a member then, you're not really awarding it for something previously done, but think of it as having taken your time to record & reward yourself for doing it!

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk

3. Trinny

Trinny Veteran (100+ posts)

What about researching your family tree? That could take 12 hours, or 30 hours depending on how interesting you find it.

4. Kochanski

Kochanski Regular (50+ posts)

To develop the vegan thing - how about some research to prove you can get all the nutrition you need / convince other people it's doable / compile a recipe book to show people who are interested but not sure they could do it?

rugbynutter likes this.
  5. Sunny2nd

Sunny2nd Guide and Ranger Leader GuiderPlus

Also do a section on what is the difference between veganism and being vegetarian - one is a lifestyle choice whilst the other is more dietary.