1. Welcome Guest to the new look forum. For more information refer to this thread
    Dismiss Notice

Kent Interational Jamboree 2017

Discussion in 'Events' started by nutty_angel, Feb 9, 2017.

1. nutty_angel

nutty_angel Veteran (100+ posts) GuiderPlus

Hi
    My 4 Rangers want to the KIJ 2017 in the summer, and well I don't really know much about it, so I was hoping you lovely people can tell me your experiences of big camps.

I've taken 2 of these rangers camping last summer but that was just a little one, the other's haven't camped with me at all (they came to residentials when they were Guides), and the last big camp I went to was as a Guide myself in 2000.

I asked them if they want me with them or to go without me as a group and they've asked me to come - should I encourage them to go without me? will they have more fun without me there?

The youngest is 14 and the oldest will be 17.

Thank you!
    xx

2. Quack

Quack Veteran (100+ posts) Staff Member Moderator GuiderPlus

I think that it's good there is a little adult supervision but you won't be with them 24/7. They will go off on activities in a morning and you'll see them at teatime and bedtime. Your role will be to make sure they have been fed and watered etc. So by all means go but sign yourself up as a member of staff to supervise an activity so you won't be sitting around all day ...you'll enjoy it too.

3. nutty_angel

nutty_angel Veteran (100+ posts) GuiderPlus

thank you for your help!
    The girls have now decided they'd rather me run a small camp for them and maybe do Wellies and Wristbands instead!