1. Welcome Guest to the new look forum. For more information refer to this thread
    Dismiss Notice

Internet Guild?

Discussion in 'Trefoil Guild' started by Dionysia, May 21, 2014.

1. Dionysia

Dionysia Veteran (100+ posts)

Is anyone a member? Is it any good if you can't make meetings?

Wanting to join and do voyage.

All of the meetings near me are difficult times, I could make Woodbridge, if I can get someone to get my dd from school.

But going on holiday, so my 1st meeting wouldn't be till July and then not until October, after school holidays.

Oh what to do?!!

Should I just join the internet and then look at getting to meetings in Oct (have to pay) or send off my forms to join Woodbridge and let them know the above?

2. bagpuss

bagpuss Dursley District Guider & Commissioner GuiderPlus

I didn't know there was such a thing, how do you find out about it?

3. Dionysia

Dionysia Veteran (100+ posts)

It on the trefoil forms section. If you are not a member of a meeting it costs, they then send you invite through Facebook.

You still get the magazine's.
    But it doesn't cost if you go to meetings as its done through the subscriptions.

4. Charnwood Fan

Charnwood Fan Veteran (100+ posts)

5. BGleader

BGleader Veteran (100+ posts) GuiderPlus

What a great idea!

6. Orly

Orly Veteran (100+ posts)

How do you find out when the meetings are? I've found that there's one in my town - but no idea the times and days.

7. Bunglie

Bunglie (Newbie)

Any ideas ?
    I joined my local Trefoil Guild. I attended the meetings, every one for at least six months. I am saddened to say tat I stopped attending 3 months ago, mainly because I found that I was the youngest, (by almost 20 years), we were thought of as a Jam and cake making group and I was not included in most of the outside activities as I found this to be a place for retired Guiders, Brown Owls etc...they already had their links to the local guiding community and were loathed to allow me in. I could sit for two hours and no one spoke to me except to ask if I had recently moved to the area. It was assumed I knew taps, the Trefoil Prayer and much more. No one even asked me when or where I was a Brownie, Guide or what I had done in the last 50 years....I was very disappointed.
    There are no other Trefoil Guilds near to where I live, yet I would like to stay involved and I do feel as if I have a lot I could contribute....anyone got any ideas what I could do?

8. fenris

fenris fenris GuiderPlus

I'm a member of it. Instead of a monthly meeting, we have a monthly challenge or task. There are members across the UK and some based abroad. Some can't attend local Guilds due to geography, or timing, or health limitations. Many are working on Trefoil Guild challenges awards. Happy to answer any questions.

9. Bunglie

Bunglie (Newbie)

It sounds promising....I paid my annual subs to the local guild so they send me a magazine....but how do I join the Internet Guild?

10. Bunglie

Bunglie (Newbie)

I found them on Facebook, a closed group, applied to join and was accepted. I hope it is more proactive than my first experience. It seems very friendly and promising. Thanks, I am looking forward to it.

fenris likes this.
  11. Sunny2nd

Sunny2nd Guide and Ranger Leader GuiderPlus

Our county has various Trefoil Guilds - the more traditional district/division based ones and then an "out and about" one which doesn't meet regularly but more sporadically for outings, trying new things and occasional residentials. They welcome people from in and out of county. There might be something similar near you?