1. Welcome Guest to the new look forum. For more information refer to this thread
    Dismiss Notice

International Womens Day

Discussion in 'Rainbows' started by RainbowsCarrie, Jan 1, 2018.

1. RainbowsCarrie

RainbowsCarrie (Newbie)

Hi
    Are any of you discussing or covering International Womens Day with their girls? If so how are you covering it?
    I'd like to cover it with my girls but I'm not too sure where to start.
    Thanks

2. Crazypencil

Crazypencil Beginner (10+ posts)

8th March. That's a great idea. Sorry I haven't got any ideas at the moment but it's got the cogs ticking.

3. fenris

fenris fenris GuiderPlus

One angle could be to give each one of them a profession to draw a picture of - teacher, artist, footballer, scientist, doctor etc. Then consider which ones have been drawn as men, which as women - could lead to a discussion about whether these are jobs a boy or girl could do? Or label the room with men, women, either - and call out a list of jobs, ask them to run to which one could be done by men, women or either. Or you could so similar but with a list of domestic jobs - which are done at home by men, which by women, which by either . . .

4. RainbowsCarrie

RainbowsCarrie (Newbie)

some fab suggestions there, thankyou :D

5. MummyOwl

MummyOwl Brownie Leader

We're doing this (and also linking it to 100 years of Votes For Women)... the Brownies pull names out of a hat of professions traditionally (historically) linked to men (police officer, fire fighter, astronaut, doctor, racing driver, farmer, lawyer, spy!) and they then have to dress up one of their Six as that professional using newspaper and sellotape...

6. missq

missq Veteran (100+ posts)

We are doing an evening looking at votes for women.

Going to give everyone as they come in a gender and age, then spilt them into 4 groups to prepare advertising for a specific issue, then get them to vote, but we will only be counting votes from those from girls who were given a mens badge. after discussion we will add in women over 30 to see how it differs.

Then going to make some bows and stained glass window shrinkies. Finishing with a higher lower game of when countries gave women the right to vote.

7. BigHedgehog

BigHedgehog Beginner (10+ posts)

NorthWest England are meant to be doing a badge for 100years of the vote, but haven't seen anything yet about when it will be released. When it's out, it might have some good ideas about things to do