1. Welcome Guest to the new look forum. For more information refer to this thread
    Dismiss Notice

I'm a ... guider part 60

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by mazi159, May 25, 2016.

1. MummySquirrel

MummySquirrel Veteran (100+ posts)

I'm a Guider who can't believe how quiet it is now that my daughter, 4 grandchildren and their dog have moved out and into their own house.

2. quietbrownowl

quietbrownowl Veteran (100+ posts)

I'm a guider with a blocked ear and tinnitus hoping the syringing works on Monday for me to lead the parents meeting for our joint brownie and guide camp next weekend.

3. badgemad4

badgemad4 Veteran (100+ posts)

I am a Guider who is having a giggle at the spam posts-clearly someone out there thinks that we are *disatisfied*!

4. mazi159

mazi159 Assistant Guide Guider

I'm a feeling totally disheartened about guiding after this weekend guider

If you see a post that is not right then you need to report it. Button is underneath the post

5. badgemad4

I am a Guider who wishes that there was a chart similar for GO access as there is for Join Us access!

6. Kochanski

Kochanski Veteran (100+ posts)

I'm a frustrated Guider who just cancelled tonight's meeting at short notice. We have 5 schools in our pack and they have different half terms in summer. We go by the school where we meet which is open so we planned to meet tonight. It is only after texting round to say we're meeting as usual and please would you let me know if your daughter won't be there that suddenly lots said they were on holiday. It wasn't worth paying the rent for the few who are still in the village. Did the parents not realise weeks ago and couldn't they have said?

7. Batty Owl

Batty Owl Veteran (100+ posts)

I feel for you. I'm in much the same situation trying to organise a sleepover for this term. I asked the parents a month ago if there were any dates their daughter couldn't manage for said sleepover and got 2 responses out of 11 girls. Now having booked a hall, avoiding the dates I was told about, I have 6 who can't make the date so I guess we won't be going at all.

8. canielle

canielle Veteran (100+ posts)

I'm an excited guider who's just got engaged

nutty_angel, fenris, mazi159 and 7 others like this.
  9. mazi159

Congratulations Canielle

10. MummySquirrel

I'm a Guider who is looking forward to tomorrow. Train tickets booked, restaurant booked for lunch and tickets in bag ready to go to see Mama Mia, 8th birthday treat for my very excited granddaughter.

sandra 100, mazi159 and Quack like this.
  11. MummySquirrel

Back from a long, hot but fantastic day with my granddaughter, Mama Mia was great and we were both up clapping and singing at the end with the rest of the audience.

12. badgemad4

I am a Guider who has just posted over 1000 posts!

nutty_angel, fenris, mazi159 and 2 others like this.
  13. Quack

Quack Veteran (100+ posts) Staff Member Moderator GuiderPlus

I'm a Guider who has a Guiding free weekend and the British GP to look forward to ... :) :)

14. mazi159

I'm a got a long list of things to do before heading to Poacher in 2 weeks time

15. MummySquirrel

I'm a Guider who has got her feet up after a day at the seaside with the Guides, unfortunately it was rather wet....but we still had fun.!!!! Definitely finished for summer now-apart from work that is, m

16. cerys80

cerys80 Brownie Leader

I'm a guider with just 1 more meeting to go at Air Hop -and breathe :) Just received a parcel with lots of badges to take with me to Malaysia soon, where I hope to be meeting up with Malaysian Leaders and also exploring their shop.

17. Kochanski

Kochanski Veteran (100+ posts)

I'm a Guider who has been planning a trip to New York for 18 months and now it's next week! Plus, we are visiting a Girl Scout camp while we are there! Can't wait!

fenris, ker-stee and mazi159 like this.
  18. mazi159

Have fun, I'm starting to plan my trip to Australia soon

19. mazi159

I'm a counting down the days until I start my Holidays (2 days) and start my journey to Poacher camp

I'm a ready to scream with the the rubbish that is happening at work!

20. badgemad4

I am a Guider who would like to remind others to try be sensitive about what material may have been donated or how to repurpose things.

We recently went through the cupboard for a clear out and tidy. I have an upset helper who discovered that in with some old beads someone had before clearly been cutting up Rosaries for the girls to use, along with a few necklaces. Perhaps the original cutter up did not know the significance (after all there have been several times that they were "trendy" to wear as a fashion piece) but regardless there should not have been messy half cut up necklaces all tangled up left for the next person to sort!