1. Welcome Guest to the new look forum. For more information refer to this thread
    Dismiss Notice

I'm a ... guider part 60

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by mazi159, May 25, 2016.

1. Quack

Quack Veteran (100+ posts) Staff Member Moderator GuiderPlus

It does and that must mean that you are one of the earliest members, so happy anniversary. On another thread it says that the forum was formed on the 6th march

Sent from my Hudl HT7S3 using Tapatalk

2. Lynz

Lynz Veteran (100+ posts)

Yes, seen the other thread now as well :)

I joined on 7th March having transferred over from the old site, and am apparently member #3!

3. ker-stee

ker-stee SGP Enthusiast GuiderPlus

Means I'll be 10 in October...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. cerys80

cerys80 Brownie Leader

I'm a guider back from a great London trip and stay at Pax Lodge - and I've been pinned :) yay, so wish to get to the other World Centres, can but dream !

MiniMoates likes this.
  5. Quack

I'm a Guider who really needs to shout ARGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG.....very loudly but can't at the moment. Strangling an individual would also help but is not very guidelike....but really tempting.

6. sandra 100

sandra 100 Veteran (100+ posts)

I feel like you quack but my frustration is aimed at my car as it keeps braking down

7. MummySquirrel

MummySquirrel Veteran (100+ posts)

I'm a proud guider who enjoyed watching her 10year old granddaughter in a dancing school show last night. Although she wasn't as confident as some she's come a long way since the last one 2 years ago, maybe wearing a skirt that had been made for me for a dance school show 48 years ago helped..

Quack likes this.
  8. badgemad4

badgemad4 Veteran (100+ posts)

I am a Guider who wonders if it's just her or if there are more spam posts on the forum now?

9. fenris

fenris fenris GuiderPlus

A lot more. Maybe time to look at the member approval process? I get the impression that some of the admins aren't around much these days.

10. cerys80

cerys80 Brownie Leader

I'm an almost done Guider :) Brownie Holiday is in 10 days but OH arrives home from Malayasia on Thurs morning for a week or so before returning again, so desp trying to finish it all off so that we can have the time together between usual work/college routines and all that.

11. Quack

I'm no expert but the 'users' all seem to fit the member profile, gender, age etc but I'm deleting and banning about one a day so the robots that set these things up must be more clued up....
    Still we have a fairly clean forum compared to many...

nutty_angel and badgemad4 like this.
  12. badgemad4

badgemad4 Veteran (100+ posts)

I wonder if it's due to the increase in people listing their emails? Maybe it attracts the crawling things and they can pick up on the data from there?

Also it wasn't intended to be a critique of the mods, just idle curiosity. :)

13. browniebeth

browniebeth Brownie Leader Staff Member Moderator GuiderPlus

If you see something, report it. I don't go through every post, so we rely on people flagging inappropriate content. We've tried to tell people not to post email addresses but it falls on deaf ears.

mazi159 and badgemad4 like this.
  14. sandra 100

I'm a guider who was in York yesterday and watched the St Georges day parade to the Minster there must have been about 1000 Beavers,cubs, Scouts, Rainbows, Brownies, Guides, The Senior Section and Leaders it was really good I wondered if anyone on here took part

Quack likes this.
  15. NosilaC

NosilaC Beginner (10+ posts)

I'm a leader who's VERY excited because our Brownies have been selected to exhibit a scarecrow at the RHS Hampton Court Flower Show (delighted, and quite surprised, as it's a schools competition rather than a Guiding one - but I was clear that we're NOT a school when sending in our application, so they obviously didn't mind too much!) The Brownie whose design was selected is is well chuffed. Is anyone else going?

16. sandra 100

I'm a guider who has just got a puppy he is so cute

Batty Owl likes this.
  17. nuttymoo

nuttymoo Brownie Guider

I am a guided who landed a brand new job & started last Monday ☕❤ I am a Barista in a bank training hub staff canteen better pay no weekends no bank holidays this weekend coming I am a personality in our local village wap (high Sherrif ) think I may be the first female high Sherrif since they resurrected the wap in 1972. Only gained this nomination by having the brownie unit in the village . Very proud ❤

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

ker-stee, Beckie, badgemad4 and 2 others like this.
  18. MummySquirrel

MummySquirrel Veteran (100+ posts)

I'm a guider who has now recovered from an unscheduled stay on a Pack Holiday following a leader falling ill. I must say I did really enjoy myself and the Leaders and girls were lovely,but I definitely won't be heading back to Brownies anytime soon.....give me my Guides anytime!!

19. Sarah-Janeh16

Sarah-Janeh16 (Newbie)

I'm a guider who is Walt Disney World Florida. I can't believe the temperature out here

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

20. mazi159

mazi159 Assistant Guide Guider

I'm a should be packing for tomorrows Guide Holiday, but sitting catching up on here and Facebook instead!