1. Welcome Guest to the new look forum. For more information refer to this thread
    Dismiss Notice

I'm a ... guider part 60

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by mazi159, May 25, 2016.

1. badgemad4

badgemad4 Veteran (100+ posts)

I'm a Guider who thinks that some one needs to update the wiki page for Guiding and the QGA. Apparently tabards are worn by Rainbows, Guides favour wearing gilets, Senior Section members can be female members of LINK (which now hasn't existed for nearly ten years!) and the Countess of Wessex usually presents the QGA but it could also be the Chief Guide Gill Solcome to presenting…It would also be nice to see a couple more notable Queens Guides even if they didn't do the modern scheme!

It doesn't look good for people looking us up- Wikipedia is no longer seen as such an unreliable source as less people can edit it!

2. elixa

elixa Regular (50+ posts)

You can edit it, (or at least I can when logged in) and correct it. Wikipedia aren't too keen on companies/organisations doing their own (often revealed by their IP address) as they can become marketing platforms rather than neutral.

Past tense, and has the updated info on the Girlguiding wikipedia page?

3. MummySquirrel

MummySquirrel Veteran (100+ posts)

I am a Guider with 6 grandchildren and tonight my youngest grandson will be the final one to join the Guiding/Scouting Movement. With a cousin in Rainbows, one in Beavers as well as 2 sisters in Guides, 1 in Brownies and an auntie who is a Rainbow leader, it is a day he has been looking forward to for a long time. This grandma is just as excited as he is and I get the privilege of taking him to his first meeting as his mum(my eldest daughter) is ill.

4. mazi159

mazi159 Assistant Guide Guider

I'm a glad to be off this morning guider, just not looking forward to the late shift I am starting at 12! :(

5. MummySquirrel

MummySquirrel Veteran (100+ posts)

I'm a Guider whose TV has broken down, have checked everything :mad:.... What to do on a Saturday evening... :) G&T and laminate some map symbols.

I

6. mazi159

I'm a finally home after heading to my grandparents last Sunday!

I've had 4 1/2 days in Edinburgh at the records office and already want to go back guider!!

7. ker-stee

ker-stee SGP Enthusiast GuiderPlus

I'm a guider with a hurting knee. Pain has come back this past week after my knee injury/my accident in June.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. mazi159

Dislike Ker-stee Huge hugs

9. ker-stee

ker-stee SGP Enthusiast GuiderPlus

Thanks, if it continues much longer I'll have to think about going back to the doctors again, I've been twice already... First time they said they thought I'd fractured my knee, the second they said I hadn't but nether have sent me for an x-ray. I think if I have to go back again I might have to request one as there's obviously something not right...

Knee pain 4 months after a fall (and a scar and misshapen knee) isn't right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. mazi159

Sounds like you need to push for an X Ray as that doesn't sound right! Huge hugs

11. Ech18

Ech18 Veteran (100+ posts)

I’m a Guider who has replaced two smoke detectors, now if the beeping doesn’t stop.....

12. sandra 100

sandra 100 Veteran (100+ posts)

im a guider who had a macmillan coffee morning yesterday and raised £436

mazi159, Batty Owl and dominoka like this.