1. Welcome Guest to the new look forum. For more information refer to this thread
    Dismiss Notice

GDPR

Discussion in 'Question & Answers' started by Tiggy, Nov 7, 2017.

1. Tiggy

Tiggy (Newbie)

Hi please can anyone tell me if the new GO conforms to the new GDPR ( data protection) that comes into force may 2018 . Thank you

2. browniebeth

browniebeth Brownie Leader Staff Member Moderator GuiderPlus

You'd be better off directing your query to HQ, as they know what their plans are regarding the new legislation..

Curious to know the reason for your query? :)

mazi159 and fenris like this.
  3. Quack

Quack Veteran (100+ posts) Staff Member Moderator GuiderPlus

It will do. CHQ are working on a policy that conforms to the new legislation and new GO fits in with that. The crux for most of us is how we hold and use personal data and to try and ensure that we keep it safe. So trying to dissuade us from keeping information locally or printed/paper copies of details unsecure ( ie lying around at a HQ ).

New guidance will be published in due course.

4. Kochanski

Kochanski Veteran (100+ posts)

Does this cover the difference between having given permission for GG to hold my data and very definitely never having given permission for them to make my name and unit (and therefore where I will be and when) available to hundreds of women nearby?

5. growlywench

growlywench Veteran (100+ posts)

My understanding is that yes, it does, and that's why some access is more limited than previously. But like BrownieBeth says, speak to HQ, it's their baby.