1. Welcome Guest to the new look forum. For more information refer to this thread
    Dismiss Notice

Fire regulations

Discussion in 'Hall Management' started by quietbrownowl, Jul 23, 2016.

1. quietbrownowl

quietbrownowl Veteran (100+ posts)

Can anyone tell me the regulations regarding fire alarms for halls that are used for sleepovers? I've tried looking online but completely drawn a blank and I have it in my head there is a certain fire safety standard to be adhered to when a hall is used for sleepovers.

2. Tawnyowl51

Tawnyowl51 Veteran (100+ posts)

you need to ask you local outdoor/residential adviser, as each area seems to have different rules regarding fire alarms. The area where I am have recently changed the rules and lots of venues are no longer approved, so we are trying to find new ones ( all turning out expensive).

There are regulations, but they need to be for your area or the area you are looking to do sleepovers in, so local info is the only relevant info you need

3. Quack

Quack Veteran (100+ posts) Staff Member Moderator GuiderPlus

May also be worth speaking to your local fire service too. Part of me thinks they should be mains supplied rather than battery but I could be wrong..

4. quietbrownowl

That's what I thought too but couldn't find info online about it. I need evidence before I go putting my feet in it.

5. Quack

Quack Veteran (100+ posts) Staff Member Moderator GuiderPlus

I've had a more in depth look into this as I was curious. It may not answer your query entirely as you are in Scotland, but there was an event at Waddow last year for people that are involved in running Guiding properties. The notes and resources from the event are on the website (link below) one thing is the draft regulation for such scenario's as you are looking at but from what I see it covers England not Scotland, so it may still be worth getting confirmation from the Fire Service or your local council.

Property management gateway

6. fenris

fenris fenris GuiderPlus

7. quietbrownowl

Thank you quack and fenris. These links are a great help