1. Welcome Guest to the new look forum. For more information refer to this thread
    Dismiss Notice

Easy filler ideas needed

Discussion in 'Brownies' started by beanie87, Apr 20, 2017.

1. beanie87

beanie87 Beginner (10+ posts)

I'm still planning this terms ideas and have got most of them sorted but after a traumatic house move (lived in our touring caravan for 6 weeks with husband and 2 children whilst waited for chain to move on or we'd have lost our sale on old house) my mind has turned to mush when it comes to ideas to fill in time for when most have finished the main activity and waiting for more to be ready for games. Planned is the Bear Challenge and Wildlife Explorer badges along with a good few trips out in local area. I am the sole leader of eight Brownies but I do have Parent help most weeks along with a Guide. I always get the girls to put the equipment away in between which we are finished with but my older girls are getting harder to keep occupied! I've had a look on the games section and like the peg games and similar. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

2. fenris

fenris fenris GuiderPlus

I tend to pair up the girls so a more capable one is working with a less able - and mix the pairings each time. It means the skilled can't just rush through and also means that in a small unit the girls really get to know each other. They aren't finished until they are both finished.

SnowyFliss likes this.
  3. waltham

waltham Brown Owl GuiderPlus

There is a section of activities on the Girlguiding website, and one specifically for when you have a few minutes spare time - called 'Five Minute Filler'.

SnowyFliss likes this.
  4. Kochanski

Kochanski Veteran (100+ posts)

Ask them to get out their Adventures book. They can all do the same page or you pick one e.g. a puzzle.

Kochanski

Last edited: Apr 25, 2017
  5. beanie87

beanie87 Beginner (10+ posts)

Thanks, I like the sound of pairing more able with less able! I'll have a look at the 5 minute fillers too.