1. Welcome Guest to the new look forum. For more information refer to this thread
    Dismiss Notice

Commissioner e-module

Discussion in 'General Guiding' started by quietbrownowl, Aug 12, 2017 at 7:06 PM.

1. quietbrownowl

quietbrownowl Veteran (100+ posts)

im just wondering is the commissioner e-module on the website for county commissioners or district/division commissioners aswell? I'm a district commissioner but I don't have a mentor as they don't do that in our county (we don't even get a DC badge ).
    I feel I'm just muddling my way through so when I found the module online I thought maybe it would be good for me to do but then I wasn't sure if I could or not.

I was going to ask this on the district commissioners group on Facebook but I've found out anything anyone from our county posts on the page 1 DC reports it back to the ex-CC to keep her in the loop.

2. Quack

Quack Veteran (100+ posts) Staff Member Moderator GuiderPlus

No, the commissioner module is for any commissioner at any level. Not all all counties are able to offer 'formal' mentoring system, but is there anyone that you feel that you can call for a little support and advice ?

Sent from my SGP712 using Tapatalk

3. quietbrownowl

quietbrownowl Veteran (100+ posts)

Thank you. Unfortunatly I don't really know any other DC's in the county that well and the one I took over from isn't very helpful. Our county is quite "if your face fits" kind of an idea. I'll do the module and hopefully it'll boost my confidence.

4. partygirl

partygirl Veteran (100+ posts)

It really makes me cross when people are in this situation, it's just so unnecessary. Keep an eye out for commissioner training at region level, we found ours really helpful from a networking point of view.
    Big hugs quietbrownowl and if you would like to join our local commissioners facebook group please pm me. (It's just commissioners from 4 local Divisions/districts but one is in a different county and we would be happy for you to join us)