1. Welcome Guest to the new look forum. For more information refer to this thread
    Dismiss Notice

Bag Tags

Discussion in 'Crafts' started by rugbynutter, Apr 6, 2012.

1. rugbynutter

rugbynutter Rainbow Guider & Ranger GuiderPlus

I've just made some bag name tags for our Rainbows. I'm pre-empting our County funday when lots turn up with the same bag, and I wanted to make it easier to reunite bags with Rainbows, or at least the right unit!!

They are designed to be printed, cut out, the girls names written on the back (inside when folded) laminated, holes punched each end, then folded & tied onto bags or attached with keyrings.

I thought I'd share an example sheet here. If you want any for your unit, PM me your unit name etc & and email address & I'll send a personalised version. There are 16 tags on an A4 page, you can print as many as you like!
    Examples attached - Rainbow, Brownie, Guide. I can do SS too, when I find the logo!

I would share the template to let you all do your own, but I've made them on an obscure program, with fonts I downloaded specially, so trying to piece it all together again on a different computer would be tricky!

Attached Files:

2. charmedone100

charmedone100 rainbow gic and guide al

they are really good.

3. ElfOwl

ElfOwl Veteran (100+ posts)

OH did something similar for me for luggage tags one year for our holiday. He still has the template and we still use it. DD has tags like this for her kit at camp from the same templates but with teh guiding logos and her name.

4. Tawnyowl51

Tawnyowl51 Veteran (100+ posts)

These will come in very handy

5. adder

adder Veteran (100+ posts)

really good

6. kirsch

kirsch Beginner (10+ posts)

I've done something similar for our Brownies. Where did you get the Brownie font? Or what is the name of the font?

Thank you!

7. rugbynutter

rugbynutter Rainbow Guider & Ranger GuiderPlus

Everyone who's PMd me should now have their tags via email, apart from 2 who I've PMd replies to.

The Brownie font is called 'Brownie' and it's in the downloads section of this website [GuiderPlus only], so I must thank the original person on here who spent time making that one for us. It's missing a few upper case letters and numbers, so I use 'balloon EF drop shadow' for those, which I think is a standard font on most computers.

The Guide font is 'VAG Rounded' (downloaded from http://www.fontyukle.net/en/ which has loads of free fonts and I've never had a problem downloading any from there)

The Rainbow one I used is 'Kristen ITC', again a standard front I think.

A great website for idnetifying fonts is http://www.myfonts.com/WhatTheFont/ you just upload an image (eg jpg) of the font, and it find matching ones for you in seconds. I've only used this site for identification though, not downloading.

Unfortunately it hasn't found a close enough match to the Senior Section one!

8. bubblesaus

bubblesaus Veteran (100+ posts)

Great idea! There is always someone with someone else's bag- or else just forgetting it all together and the leaders don't know what unit to take it to.

We have sling bags we make for them for their promise & they tend to sew blanket badges onto it until they are ready to start a blanket. So, to solve the who's is who's problem we got squares of calico, tightly roll hemmed the edges and got the girls to write their name and decorate with fabric markers/crayons to make their very own name badge.

T-shirt transfers from computer work well too- especially for rainbows who's writing isn't great/clear & they tend to end up stiffer like some badges do.

9. waltham

waltham Brown Owl

Was just wondering if you still have these tags available, and if so can you do this with the new Guiding logo.