1. Welcome Guest to the new look forum. For more information refer to this thread
    Dismiss Notice

Access to unit forms etc

Discussion in 'Website Related' started by barny1970, Apr 4, 2017.

1. barny1970

barny1970 Brownie Leader

Apologies if something similar has been posted already, I did search but couldn't see anything, but if so could someone point me to the thread.

Someone pointed out to me the other day that all unit forms for running your unit, activities, training etc are accessible to anyone (not just members) since the website was redesigned. I didn't realise this and only having had a quick look seems to be the case.

Does anyone see any issues with this? Just wondering

2. fenris

fenris fenris GuiderPlus

Not sure why there would be. Most of them are forms which would be sent out to parents anyway, so they'll get to see them sooner or later. And it would be reassuring for parents to see that we do training.

3. barny1970

barny1970 Brownie Leader

Hmmm, I see your point, I'm not entirely sure where the Leader was coming from I guess they were thinking not just parents could access it, there are blank letter heads on there etc. I'm not sure how it could be abused but just wondered if anyone else had concerns that everything was available to all an sundry etc.

4. fenris

fenris fenris GuiderPlus

You can photocopy/scan any letterhead you receive though, then utilise it as you will - it's quite straightforward to do. So being able to access an actual template wouldn't make any difference in that regard.