• Welcome Guest to the new look forum. For more information refer to this thread

Question? Syllabus for staged skier badge?

floss

Veteran (100+ posts)
GuiderPlus
I have some staged skier badges, but can't find any syllabuses for them in my Guide badge books of 1995 and 1997
can anyone help and send me a copy of the syllabus for all stages, or tell me where to find them?
thanks

floss

Veteran (100+ posts)
GuiderPlus
thanks - I have the syllabus in my badge book - I hadn't looked under D for Downhill - only S for skier!

Lynz

Veteran (100+ posts)
thanks - I have the syllabus in my badge book - I hadn't looked under D for Downhill - only S for skier!
I only remember because it seemed strange the badge name was so specific when it was the only skiing badge in that era! Anyone know if we used to have separate badges for other kinds of skiing?!

KatieW

Guide Guider, Nottingham
Staff member
GuiderPlus
I only remember because it seemed strange the badge name was so specific when it was the only skiing badge in that era! Anyone know if we used to have separate badges for other kinds of skiing?!
Nope, it was known as Skiier when launched in 1973-1987 until it became Downhill Skiier in 1991.

nemoimo

Veteran (100+ posts)
Is it just me that doesn't understand half of the terminology in this badge? I'm pretty confident that I can do most of it, although have no idea for example the difference between a parallel step turn or parallel skate turn! Or what a stem christie is! Maybe these terms are used more in kids ski schools...

shackademus

Veteran (100+ posts)
Edit: I have these badges now thank you.

Hi floss. Do you still have any downhill skier badges stage 1 and stage2?
I would love one of each for my daughter.

Last edited: