• Welcome Guest to the new look forum. For more information refer to this thread

What to wear for the heat

Batty Owl

Veteran (100+ posts)
I am going with the Brownies to the Fairford Air Tattoo on Friday and everyone has been asked to wear uniform Fair enough, but I usually wear navy trousers with a uniform shirt and I think I am going to roast. The shirt is fine but what do folk reckon is acceptable 'bottoms' with adult uniform for such a trip. I'd quite like to wear a floaty skirt but I don't have a navy one, only blue and white flowers or a plain lighter blue/ turquoise one. I do have navy knee length shorts or patterned blue and white long culottes. Ideas appreciated, thank you.

Last edited:

Quack

Veteran (100+ posts)
Staff member
GuiderPlus
Personally I'd go for the shorts...but your answer is whatever you'd say to your girls if they asked you the same question?

Batty Owl

Veteran (100+ posts)
Personally I'd go for the shorts...but your answer is whatever you'd say to your girls if they asked you the same question?
Well, you see ,that is my problem. The girls all have official uniform skorts and t-shirts so they look like Brownies. Adults don't have official 'bottoms' any more and as we are in the public eye, I feel as if I should be wearing navy with my shirt to look part of Guiding. You are probably all right, it will have to be shorts. Thank you everyone.

Burghilly

Veteran (100+ posts)
Nothing wrong with navy shorts - can look really smart. Although you're going as the leader representing Brownies if it's just a Brownie outing I think you can and should take the heat into account and wear something cool - maybe even a navy t-shit with badge tab .

If it was a formal presentation then maybe you might have to put up with something more official but at the end of the day the girls need a leader who is going to enjoy the day with them - and a hot leader is not a happy leader!