• Welcome Guest to the new look forum. For more information refer to this thread

Thinking Day at Alexandra Palace - Guiders G2G? (and/or Pax Lodge)?

Options for Saturday 22nd - definites only please for numbers! (tick all that apply)

• I'd like to go to the Alexandra Palace Thinking Day event

Votes: 3 75.0%
  • I'd like to visit Pax Lodge for their evening Thinking Day activities (after Ally Pally)

Votes: 3 75.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Hilzo42

Guide Leader (GiC) & Forum Mod!
Staff member
GuiderPlus
Quite a number of threads have gone up in the last few days of spare tickets being available, especially for the Saturday 22nd event.

I know for many leaders who might have been interested in taking a unit but either didn't get tickets or found out about the event too late time is very tight to organise it. But they might be free that weekend themselves.

I understand tickets are transferrable between sections (just an email needs to be dropped to re-inform of section numbers). So would there be interest in helping out others negate expenses lost by buying a few and doing a Guiders G2G to Ally Pally for Thinking Day?

Also, Pax Lodge are doing a series of events over Thinking Day weekend, including a Thinking Day ceremony on the Saturday night, so combining the two could be an option if that suited people? I can enquire if there are spaces for the activities still available, or even accomodation if anyone was up for a last minute Guiding weekend, doing AP on the Sat daytime and a bit of Pax Lodge Sat night & Sunday!
http://www.paxlodge.org/en/programmes/events/events2014/thinkingday

elenopa

Brownie Guider
I'd be up for Ally Pally certainly.

As tempting as Pax Lodge is, I don't like missing church too often (I'm in the choir), so not sure about that.

BeccaSooty

Brownie Guider
GuiderPlus
I would be up for this! Of course I would prefer if the tickets were able to go to more girls who want to go, but if there are still spare tickets and a unit would be making a loss otherwise, I would been happy to buy one, providing I had someone else to go with!!

Hilzo42

Staff member
GuiderPlus
Looking at Pax Lodge's evening events information, the timing of these is 7.30pm to 9pm (though you can arrive at 6pm and join everyone for dinner!). In case people were wondering for transport times/getting home etc.

The Alexandra Palace event starts at 10.30am and ends at 4pm.

FPG

Veteran (100+ posts)
I thought the activities being run at the Celebrate events were for the girls not the leaders tho (ie the expectation of the organisers being that leaders are there to supervise and look after their girls)? Would you actually be able to do anything if you went without girls?

Hilzo42

Staff member
GuiderPlus
Quote from GG event page:
Who can come?
The fun isn’t just for Brownies! The event is open to all sections and there will be plenty for all ages to get involved in. It will be an extra-special way to celebrate World Thinking Day in 2014 and make The Big Brownie Birthday a year to remember. There are loads of activities for everyone, some of which will be section-specific.

Also I did see a booking form (can't find it now) - Senior Section were listed as participants and given they're go up to age 26 (and don't have to be there age 18-26 in a leadership capacity), there should be more adult orientated activities on offer.

Obviously the ideal is to take your unit, but there isn't a proviso listed that you have to take your unit to go - and at this stage, I know it's really too last minute to gather Guides interest, organise transport etc before half term, and I also don't want to pre-emptively offer to take spare tickets from someone and find none of my Guides want to go as that leaves me equally out of pocket. It does say 'all sections event' - adults are a section. Trefoil Guild are a section! Part of it will be the fun of the atmosphere, not just the activities. :)

loulou

Beginner (10+ posts)
I have 10 tickets for Saturday 22nd-none of my girls want to go-I originally brought them as 1 Guider and 10 Guides-desperate to sell as I paid for them out my own money (that'll teach me for second guessing the Guides!!lol)

BeccaSooty

Brownie Guider
GuiderPlus
I would be happy to go to both the Celebrate event, and Pax lodge, if that was what others want to do. Equally the evening at Pax Lodge looks quite nice, so I'd still be up for doing that even if we couldn't get enough tickets to Celebrate?! Doesn't look like that many people are interested though :( so it might be quite a small G2G!

Hilzo42

Staff member
GuiderPlus
I'm going to presume there isn't much other interest, but that's fine! A small G2G it is! :)

So three of us for Alexandra Palace, and three for Pax Lodge?
I'll message a few people about tickets and Pax Lodge about spaces for their evening activities.

BeccaSooty

Brownie Guider
GuiderPlus
I'm going to presume there isn't much other interest, but that's fine! A small G2G it is! :)

I'll message a few people about tickets and Pax Lodge about spaces for their evening activities.
Yep, looks like it's very small!! Let us know when you hear about spaces, I'm happy to do both!

*gwen*

GIC Guide/SS
GuiderPlus

I might have some spare tickets, and if I dont end up with any guides I will still come and join you guys. Sadly dont think will be able to stay for Paz lodge as will on the coach back with the district

mazi159

Assistant Guide Guider
I'm staying at Pax Lodge Friday to Sunday nights. Not sure what time I will get back from Alexandra Palace as I am helping out on both days.

ElfOwl

Veteran (100+ posts)
I'll be at Pax Lodge on Saturday morning with my guides (well 12 of them)! Aw Mazi, guess you'll have left when we get there. Shame.

I would join you ladies but looking forward to spending TD with my Guides at Pax Lodge - and maybe a promise ceremony is any of the newbies go!

Hilzo42

Staff member
GuiderPlus
INFORMATION:

For those wanting to do Pax Lodge for their evening Thinking Day ceremony, the times for the activities are 18.30 to 20.00. It will be a £5 cost.
A special Thinking Day themed dinner will be held at 17.30 and cost £7.

Please let me know asap what your preferance would be! Just the evening activities and we find dinner elsewhere in London (after Ally Pally) or eat at Pax Lodge too?

I personally am quite happy to do both of these but I'l go with the majority :)

*gwen*

GIC Guide/SS
GuiderPlus
Was hoping if I didnt have any girls would have joined you but at last minute I now have 5 guides coming to Alexandra Palace. :bigcry:

Will look out for you thou, and you are more than welcome to come around with us.

BeccaSooty

Brownie Guider
GuiderPlus
INFORMATION:

For those wanting to do Pax Lodge for their evening Thinking Day ceremony, the times for the activities are 18.30 to 20.00. It will be a £5 cost.
A special Thinking Day themed dinner will be held at 17.30 and cost £7.

Please let me know asap what your preferance would be! Just the evening activities and we find dinner elsewhere in London (after Ally Pally) or eat at Pax Lodge too?

I personally am quite happy to do both of these but I'l go with the majority :)
Well I don't know if we'd be able to get a meal out somewhere else in London for much less than £7, so I think that is really good value! Personally I'd vote for having dinner at Pax Lodge before the evening activities.