• Welcome Guest to the new look forum. For more information refer to this thread

Science Museum London G2G! (LaSER Time Travelling Scientists Challenge badge)

Which is the best Saturday for you? (tick all that apply!)

• 16th November

Votes: 9 47.4%
  • 7th December

Votes: 9 47.4%
  • 4th January

Votes: 10 52.6%
  • 11th January

Votes: 13 68.4%
  • 18th January

Votes: 17 89.5%

• Total voters

Hilzo42

Guide Leader (GiC) & Forum Mod!
Staff member
GuiderPlus
I missed the LaSER KaBoom! event - but LaSER has made the event badge and challenge available to do in your own time.
http://www.girlguidinglaser.org.uk/time-travelling-scientists-challenge/

So would anyone (LaSER or otherwise!) fancy meeting up and doing a Guiders day trip to the Science Museum to earn the badge? :p

As it's just one day and we're not date restricted, ideas of when would be a good time for everyone will be useful! Museum is open 10am-6pm to every day, so it could be a Saturday or Sunday (I'm assuming weekends will probably be best for the majority).

----
EDIT: After a poll, we'll be going on Saturday 18th January! :D

Last edited:

BeccaSooty

Brownie Guider
GuiderPlus
I went with my brownies last weekend, so have done the challenge and got the badge, but haven't been to a G2G for a while so if I'm free when you go, I'll come along to see everyone!!

Sent from my HTC Desire C using Tapatalk 4

ElfOwl

Veteran (100+ posts)
Ah see I would prefer it to be before Christmas as my weekends are not so free in the new year and my train costs are going up in the new year to be even more expensive. Besides, bad weather happens in January/February which means my trains do not run.

lizbugstawny

Beginner (10+ posts)
GuiderPlus
Me and the other pack leader would love to do this. Saturdays would be better as other leader is in a wheelchair for any major walking distances...just not directly before xmas can hear the comments from the wheelchair at other people already!!

jennthedeadfunkyranger

Guide Guider
GuiderPlus
We've done a forum trip to London before with a Guider in a wheelchair. She made a great battering ram ;)

But it did mean we were allowed through the barriers at Hyde Park station when they'd temporarily closed them because of overcrowding so we could get safely to the platform before they reopened them and allowed the hoards though!

cerys80

Brownie Leader
I'm def up for this, would be fab.

And yes Jenn is right, we all managed fine with wheelchair and even the heaps of stairs at the hostel we stayed in ... and I'd never have found you lot again in Hyde Park if I hadn't spotted the wildly waving necker on the top of a crutch :)

lizbugstawny

Beginner (10+ posts)
GuiderPlus
Lol i know all about London and wheelchairs - it's more the Xmas crowds and where we come from that make it the nightmare - we'll make a day of it tho, she's never seen Harrods or Hamley's at Xmas! needs to be done....

p.s. don't tell her that she's the battering ram...i'll not tell you her answers!

snowy91

Fully warranted Brownie Guider
meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Saturdays best for me but happy with sundays too :)
can't do 7th dec but most other weekends are fine!
of course if the 7th ends up being the best for most then go with it

emmaluvseeyore

Brownie Leader and Ranger Assistant
I would be interested in doing this, but pretty booked up in November. I would also prefer Saturdays as I go to archery on Sunday mornings.