• Welcome Guest to the new look forum. For more information refer to this thread

Rainbow Units in Cardiff?

devondi

Beginner (10+ posts)
My daughter is due to start at Cardiff University in September. She has achieved BP as a Guide and also YL certificate with rainbows. She is currently helping at my rainbow unit and has just registered for leader in training. She would be interested in finding a rainbow unit in cardiff that she could help at and probably complete her LQ. She will also be adding her name to joinus in the near future

Panda

Rainbow and Guide Guider, Co-DC
My District is one of the closest to the university areas in Cardiff and we often need help with Rainbows. I know that a Rainbow unit in a neighbouring District, also close to the university, always relies on student volunteers too, so there will definitely be a need for her somewhere! There is usually a Guiding stand at one of the Freshers' Fairs and then the County organise a 'welcome to Cardiff' evening in October to match up volunteers with units that need help. Going on Join Us is a good idea too, especially if she wants to organise something before moving in September - I have access to the Division Join Us so if you want to PM me your daughter's name I could look out for her popping up and make sure she gets contacted.