• Welcome Guest to the new look forum. For more information refer to this thread

Question? Rainbow song

Amethyst74

Veteran (100+ posts)
Sorry if this has been discussed somewhere, but I can't find it - had a break from leadership for a while and am returning and haven't been on here for a while!
New programme - presumably the Look/Learn/Laugh/Love Rainbow jigsaw esp song is now outdated? (clearly all 4 elements are still present within the 6 themes, but not overtly so...)
Will we still sing the same song? Or might there be a new one incorporating the themes composed?? - have been working on it in my head...! :)

fenris

fenris
GuiderPlus
There isn't a new song. You can continue to use the old one if you wish, or alter it, or do another song, or not do a song at all . . .

AnotherOwl

Beginner (10+ posts)
We sing Make New Friends at the end of the meeting - which song are you talking about? But I'm sure you can still sing any song!

I will be impressed if they create a song based on the new themes

We sing Make New Friends at the end of the meeting - which song are you talking about? But I'm sure you can still sing any song!

I will be impressed if they create a song based on the new themes

We are talking about the Rainbow song which was intended to be sung at the beginning and end of Rainbow meetings. song don't sing it of course, but it's the one on the website and in the books.

The Rainbow song is very much still on the go. I don't know why folk aren't using it.

I don't either, it's nice to give girls a choice but it's much better when we are all seen as being in Guiding rather than individual clubs for girls with different uniforms, songs etc. One thing I'm hoping from the new programme is that we become properly united as Rainbows units and properly part of Guiding.

AnotherOwl

Beginner (10+ posts)
We are talking about the Rainbow song which was intended to be sung at the beginning and end of Rainbow meetings. song don't sing it of course, but it's the one on the website and in the books.
Just googled - I'm not sure why I've never heard this before. I really like it and like the idea of starting with a song altogether (our start is very disorganised) but unfortunately I'm not GiC and she quite likes to stick to her ways. Oh well...