• Welcome Guest to the new look forum. For more information refer to this thread

PGL Dalgaise

maz

Veteran (100+ posts)
We are thinking of going here next year and have sent for info, but whilst waiting I thought I'd ask if any other guiders had taken girls here.
Do you need a minimal number?
Is the food and accommodation good?
Do they have a gift/tuck shop?

Thanks in advance

mcclouk1

Veteran (100+ posts)
We are thinking of going here next year and have sent for info, but whilst waiting I thought I'd ask if any other guiders had taken girls here.
Do you need a minimal number?
Is the food and accommodation good?
Do they have a gift/tuck shop?

Thanks in advance
Not sure about the minimum number but don't think so - they would just allocate you the relevant number of rooms in a shared building. I went in match this year with 80 girls and am taking 172 next year!!

Food is fine - good choices , they cater for all dietary requirements and there is plenty of it

Accomodation was also adequate - no complaints at all.

Staff were great - really easy weekend for guiders.

There is a tuck shop

bess342

Veteran (100+ posts)
GuiderPlus
Food I good and hey will try and accommodate fussy eaters. I'd take extra snacks though there is a long time between meals and is a very long day where girls are active outside the whole time, limited amount of free time etc, groupies great at entertaining girls during waiting times etc with songs and games. Remember you also need to keep to your guiding ratios though you get 1-8 leaders free. Remember the price they give is excluding vat. They also take a while to send info re activities and want names etc quite last minute. Or they did with us but that was a Brownies Take over.

kirsten5439

Beginner (10+ posts)
we went 3 years ago with brownies for a brownie weekend - took 25 girls and they loved it
activities were ace and everyone got involved , food good plenty choice for everyone even the picky eaters
tuck shop sold sweets and rubbers pencils etc.
rooms were good girls shared 5/6 to room with bunk beds - they take own sleeping bag /pillow

maz

Veteran (100+ posts)
Well, we are all booked and paid for. Spent the day printing off permission and health sheets plus kit list. Think I've killed a tree.