• Welcome Guest to the new look forum. For more information refer to this thread

millenium Sleepover question

whiteheather

Regular (50+ posts)
i am going and received my info but I wanted to ask if you don't mind for those that are going how much money are you going to suggest the girls bring? I am loathe to let my girls spend all their money on pop and sweets at a sleepover (but perhaps that's me being old fashioned)

turnip

Veteran (100+ posts)
I would suggest you say £5, but expect some parents to send far more and others to not send any. I much prefer the ones who send nothing to the ones who send £20 or more!

loopeelou2

Beginner (10+ posts)
We are suggesting £10 but that's purely down to the fact we are travelling from North Wales and stopping in different places on way down. I agree though about not luring happy letting girls spend all their money on a tuck shop. Really don't want sick girls on the way home!!

emmaluvseeyore

Brownie Leader and Ranger Assistant
i am going and received my info but I wanted to ask if you don't mind for those that are going how much money are you going to suggest the girls bring? I am loathe to let my girls spend all their money on pop and sweets at a sleepover (but perhaps that's me being old fashioned)
Whenever we do pocket money on trips, we say £5 max, and only £1 max to be spent on sweets! Not going to this event, but thought I would add that.

turnip

Veteran (100+ posts)
Having seen that they're offering a leaders dinner bag with a salad, crisps and drink for a £5 reduced from £9.50 I expect the girls will struggle to get much for £1 at those prices! Not complaining though, since it's £5 per brownie for the whole thing, which is far cheaper than techniquest sleepovers for example.

whiteheather

Regular (50+ posts)
thank you ladies I decided on £3 in the end but yes I agree that some parents take no notice and send huge amounts of money I am looking forward to this