• Welcome Guest to the new look forum. For more information refer to this thread

Official Info: Manchester Christmas G2G

dollypip

Rach or Dolly i'll answer to anything...
As I cant afford the London one I was thinking of a Manchester version. Same format etc.

Date: 10th December 2011

Cinderella is on at the opera house (and is reasonably priced) and the Christmas markets are on in Manchester plus the outdoor skating rink.

Anyone interested?

(I am keeping it at the 10th even tho it is different to the London date as I am unavailable on the 3rd December)

Last edited:

victoria

Veteran (100+ posts)
GuiderPlus
Personally i think this is a bit unfair on lizzy as she has organised the event in london which means that anyone closer to manchester who have been considering going down to london may possible change there mind due to distance. I feel a different date would have been fairer, also those who couldnt have made the london date may well have been avaliable this date.

yorkie67

Div CA, GIC G, GIC R
GuiderPlus
DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDddooollllypip...... is very interested but not that date!!! I'm already roped to do two things but can only choose one!!

Smartie

Mod and wearer of many hats!!
Staff member
GuiderPlus
I would need to check with work if its my weekend on or off (because they ate changing soon!) But I am interested :)

dollypip

yorkie67 said:
DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDddooollllypip...... is very interested but not that date!!! I'm already roped to do two things but can only choose one!!
Sorry Yorkie wanted to keep it same date as London one dual site and all that

jennthedeadfunkyranger

Guide Guider
GuiderPlus
Personally i think this is a bit unfair on lizzy as she has organised the event in london which means that anyone closer to manchester who have been considering going down to london may possible change there mind due to distance. I feel a different date would have been fairer, also those who couldnt have made the london date may well have been avaliable this date.
When the London one was being discussed before it was suggested then that there be an equivalent event in Manchester on the same day to give people the option, as there were a lot of us within an hour of Manchester who couldn't easily get to London who wanted to go

yorkie67

Div CA, GIC G, GIC R
GuiderPlus
Sorry Yorkie wanted to keep it same date as London one dual site and all that
I'll try and work on it - it's either Rainbow Santa Train or Beavers/Cubs Winterwonderland and this!!!! oh!!!

Otherwise I'm on the train to Manchester to see you all!

I'll see what happens!

and finally the London G2G hasn't been announced yet and some of us can't afford the train fare to London especially in December.

dollypip

I wanted to go to London but realistically couldn't afford it all and time times i would have to leave were unrealistic and I was speaking to some people at the weekend about doing something similar to the London one but none of the people I discussed with were down for the london one and thought it was a nice idea that we do the same and g2g at Christmas

don't wanna take anything away from the London one at all and I don't mean to tread on toes

ElfOwl

Veteran (100+ posts)
I thought the London mini G2G was 3rd December 'cos it clashes with my unit's depot rota duty (which I will be missing to go to London, weather permitting)?