• Welcome Guest to the new look forum. For more information refer to this thread

Looking for Guide or Scout or Accommodation in London

Vickyinscotland

Veteran (100+ posts)
GuiderPlus
Hi, I am looking for a Guide or Scout hall or cheap accommodation in London in March. We are a group of 36 Guides and Scouts travelling from down from Scotland for a training event but have limited budget. Happy to expand on details in a private message but don't want to give to much away as some of the Guides may read this. Thank you for any help in advance.

littleowl101

Beginner (10+ posts)
have you thought about Heartsease,it is a guide owned holiday house sets in a little wooded area. it is located in West Wickham, which is in Beckenham District. This is South east London. it is about a 15 min walk to the local station, which takes you into London Bridge, Waterloo or Charring cross. Or you can get a bus to Easy Croydon, or Bromley South station.

purpleturtle

Veteran (100+ posts)
I would second Scout Park, they have several buildings so should easily take 36 people and very easy to get to from the tube

if you're going for yha, I can recommend Thameside in Rotherithe, can be catered or self-catered, good for groups and very easy access to london eye etc.

theres also the docklands scout project which is a boat near canary wharf, they claim they have bunks for 50 people (who knows how big the ship is!) - a little bit pricy at £26pppn though :S http://www.lordamory.org/accommodation.asp