• Welcome Guest to the new look forum. For more information refer to this thread

Question? Looking for Brownie Jeff Banks Uniform

Loopy

Veteran (100+ posts)
Hi All

I was wondering whether anyone might have any of the old style Jeff Banks Brownie uniform that I could buy or borrow please?

No, I'm not planning to reintroduce it in my unit! As part of our unit's 50th birthday celebrations, we've been looking at Brownie history. We've been lucky to be able to borrow some old uniforms from our County archives (including a 1970s dress, 1930s dress and a replica of a very early dress), but there was no Jeff Banks uniform in the archive (not that was in good enough condition to show anyway).

I'd love to be able to show the Brownies a set of Jeff Banks uniform, so that they can see what came between the brown dress and their current uniform. I don't mind whether it's joggers or culottes, polo or sweatshirt/hoodie.

Thanks!
Loopy

fenris

fenris
GuiderPlus
Whereabouts are you - there may be archivists in neighbouring counties (or history nuts like me who aren't archivists but collect anyway!)

bess342

Veteran (100+ posts)
GuiderPlus
I've got a number of pairs of Jeff Banks joggers some I think have never been worn. Not sure where you are though, if you could pick up/or post.

Gwenel

Beginner (10+ posts)
Our unit has some polo shirts, sweatshirts and culottes you could have. where are you based and when would you want them by?

Hi everyone ,

I have a similar query, am making a guiding collection and would like some Jeff banks style brownie and guide uniform.

I'm especially looking for both sweatshirts that would fit me (I'm very small!) so the largest possible in brownies jumper and a size 6/8 guide jumper would be the dream.

Thanks,
Lata

fenris

fenris
GuiderPlus
Hi everyone ,

I have a similar query, am making a guiding collection and would like some Jeff banks style brownie and guide uniform.

I'm especially looking for both sweatshirts that would fit me (I'm very small!) so the largest possible in brownies jumper and a size 6/8 guide jumper would be the dream.

Thanks,
Lata
Sweatshirts do come up on auction sites from time to time, and on some of the facebook buy/sell groups where units chose to buy sets for camp/holiday, joggers more rarely as the elastic at the waist eventually perishes. Cullottes can sometimes be found. Jumpers are more forgiving for size (they were made massive, plus naturally have a fair bit of stretch) but are rare and much sought after by collectors. They were significantly more expensive that sweatshirts at the time, so few people bought them.