• Welcome Guest to the new look forum. For more information refer to this thread

Formal shirt

Glimfeather

Beginner (10+ posts)
I'm being presented with my 5 year service badge soon at the county AGM. Is it the done thing to wear the formal shirt for this or will my usual uniform be ok? I've never been to the AGM before so don't want to be the odd one out!

Quack

Veteran (100+ posts)
Staff member
GuiderPlus
Each county agm is different but no one would expect you to buy shirt for one night. Check with your commissioner but I would say that as long as your usual uniform is clean and tidy then you will be fine. The important thing is that you are there each week in the appropriate uniform for your unit.

Glimfeather

Beginner (10+ posts)
Great. Just had an email from the commissioner about something else so I've asked her. I haven't got a shirt but was half thinking of getting one anyway, so this may be as good a reason any!

I would like to get a shirt for the summer rather than for 'posh' but have been thoroughly put off by all the reports of the poor fit.

Glimfeather

Beginner (10+ posts)
I would like to get a shirt for the summer rather than for 'posh' but have been thoroughly put off by all the reports of the poor fit.
I was looking at the size guide online - comparing measurements with a size 12 shirt I have from Sainsbury's - the long sleeve size 10 or the short sleeve size 8 come up the same!!