• Welcome Guest to the new look forum. For more information refer to this thread

Question? Does anyone know any Guide units near Canterbury University

Sunny2nd

Guide and Ranger Leader
GuiderPlus
My Assistant Leader (in training) has just started University at Canterbury - lucky her! She would still like to keep in touch with Guiding and has contacted local Commissioners to try and find a Guide Unit near where she is living but noone has got back to her yet. Does anyone know of any Guide Units near Canterbury University that would welcome an enthusiastic young person to help out. She would prefer to help with Guides and wants to complete her LQ which is well on the way. She is great with the girls and would be an asset to any unit. We miss her loads.

KatieW

Guide Guider, Nottingham
Staff member
GuiderPlus
Has she tried Join Us? It's not just for girls and adults new to Guiding, it's also for existing members.

Sunny2nd

Guide and Ranger Leader
GuiderPlus
As I said, she's been in touch with the local DCs down there but they haven't come back to her yet and she's missing her guiding. So I thought I'd see if anyone here was local to that area and might know the units directly. I'll tell her to try going via join us too though - thanks. I assume she just enters her details and new postcode. I had a go at entering my well known daughter Flossie Guide on Join Us the other evening and found there are some units near to her but of course I didn't go as far as registering poor old Flossie. :)