• Welcome Guest to the new look forum. For more information refer to this thread

Brownies fundraising for Blue Cross

JJJJ1980

Brownie Leader x 3
Hi All,
As the community part of the adventure we are hoping to run a fundraising event to coincide with Giving Tuesday. We have collectively decided on the Blue Cross but now we have to work out what to actually do. The girls have made suggestions like Bake Sale and sponsored event but I wanted to see if anyone else has any suggestions or successful experiences they could share.
Thanks x

ker-stee

SGP Enthusiast
GuiderPlus
If you do a bake sale, you might as well turn it into a Coffee evening and go all out ;) We do coffee mornings with Brownies and raise a good few hundred pounds every time (Last time we raised around £500 in 1.5 hours) - This can also link with the Hostess badge ;)

JJJJ1980

Brownie Leader x 3
If you do a bake sale, you might as well turn it into a Coffee evening and go all out ;) We do coffee mornings with Brownies and raise a good few hundred pounds every time (Last time we raised around £500 in 1.5 hours) - This can also link with the Hostess badge ;)
It would be during our normal meeting so I think we would struggle to get many members of the general public in.

ker-stee

SGP Enthusiast
GuiderPlus
It would be during our normal meeting so I think we would struggle to get many members of the general public in.
No, but friends and families would support. The £500 was on a Saturday, but we've done evening coffee mornings (Or evenings) with a Tombola, raffle, drinks etc and made over £200.

AnotherOwl

Beginner (10+ posts)
Please tell me your secrets! We have done a few coffee mornings and made around £100-150 each (which I know is still quite good). We do them for the local church congregation and any members of the public. Maybe we are undercharging...

ker-stee

SGP Enthusiast
GuiderPlus
Please tell me your secrets! We have done a few coffee mornings and made around £100-150 each (which I know is still quite good). We do them for the local church congregation and any members of the public. Maybe we are undercharging...
At our last one we had...

• Drinks and Biscuits for £1
  • Cake stall
  • Tombola
  • Book Stall
  • Bric a Brac
  • Hook a Duck

All the girls have the chance to earn their hostess badge and so make posters and invites in the weeks before to give to friends and family. We also make sure it's advertised well in the Church (In weekly notices and via a poster on the board) and then make sure they put it on their Facebook page too :)