• Welcome Guest to the new look forum. For more information refer to this thread

Anyone running First Aid courses?

Hi all,

I and some others in my county (Bedfordshire) are looking at taking part in Walking Scheme weekends later in the year, both as part of our QG and for leisure, not to mention gaining Level 2 in the scheme. One of the requirements is a first aid qualification involving 16+ hours of training. These are hard to come by! My employer is happy to send me on a basic first aid course but this only lasts 1 day, and booking oneself onto the longer courses individually is expensive.

I was wondering if any units or counties were planning on doing some longer first-aid training who might welcome one or two extras along if they pay their share?

MummyOwl

Brownie Leader
Hello
Your First Aid qualification doesn't have to be a Girlguiding one... check the Guiding Manual for acceptable equivalents...
Accepted equivalent first aid qualifications
Note: the ones listed are equivalent to the GG First Response course, not your 16 hours... but each qualification will, I'm sure, have an advanced level you can research... Try getting in touch with St John Ambulance or the British Red Cross in the first instance.

Hello
Your First Aid qualification doesn't have to be a Girlguiding one... check the Guiding Manual for acceptable equivalents...
Accepted equivalent first aid qualifications
Note: the ones listed are equivalent to the GG First Response course, not your 16 hours... but each qualification will, I'm sure, have an advanced level you can research... Try getting in touch with St John Ambulance or the British Red Cross in the first instance.
Hiya, thank you for the suggestions. My thought was that something organised through Guiding for a group of girls might be more cost effective than organising something for one or two individuals outside of Guiding. I've had a look at the St John's Ambulance offerings and the only ones that qualify are a few hundred pounds. I'll take a look at the Red Cross though!

Quack

Veteran (100+ posts)
Staff member
GuiderPlus
First aid at work is sufficient and costs somewhere in the region of £200 generally. Most Regions run outdoor first aid which covers the required 16 hours, I'd also look at YHA who also occasionally run training events.

Sent from my SGP712 using Tapatalk